- 2006-- Professor, Stony Brook University.
- 2001--06 Associate Professor, Stony Brook University.
- 1999--01 Assistant Professor, Stony Brook University.
- 1996--99 Assistant Professor, Iowa State University.
- 1991--96 Research Scientist, Bellcore.
- 1986--91 Ph.D., Computer Science, Stony Brook University.
- 1982--86 B. Tech, Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
If you are a new graduate student looking for independent study or project,
My main research focus is on software
and systems security.
It is driven by practical problems, and emphasizes building real systems.
It draws on principles and techniques from
, and artificial intelligence
problems such as:
- Software vulnerability mitigation (buffer overflows, SQL injection, XSS, ...)
- Binary analysis and instrumentation
- Malware and untrusted code defense
- High-performance intrusion detection (network and host-based)
- Attack isolation and recovery
- Self-healing and self-regenerative systems
- Monitoring and management of distributed systems
Secure Systems Laboratory for a
If you would like to know
more about working with me, please check out my lab research pages, as well as our FAQ and Alumni pages.
I generally teach courses in Security, Programing Languages and Compilers.
Here is a list of courses that I have taught recently.